Our dress code is designed so teachers can see the dancer’s body lines, including posture, arms, legs and feet. Dancers will get the most out of their classes when the dress code is followed.
Girls are required to wear a leotard at all times.
- Long hair should be worn up either in a tight ponytail or bun, and secured away from the face.
- For the safety of all our dancers, no jewelry should be worn in class.
- Legwarmers are optional in ballet classes.
- T-shirts can be worn during hip hop class, but in all other classes, t-shirts can only be worn during warm-ups.
- Dancers should always wear a cover-up when going to and from the studio.
- Boys should wear shorts or jazz pants and a fitted shirt. No loose fitting cargo pants or jeans.
Ballet & Pointe
Solid colored leotard with solid colored tights or leggings. A Ballet skirt is optional.
Tap, Jazz, Acro, & Hip Hop
Leotard, sports bra, or a fitted, solid tank top of any color plus one of the following: tights, shorts, or leggings. All pants should be form-fitting (not baggy) and not touch the floor.
All dancers are required to have the correct shoes for class. Shoes should be clean and not worn outside. Street shoes are not permitted on the dance floors. Dancers should not wear their shoes prior to their first class in case there is a class change. Stores will not exchange worn shoes.
- Ballet – Pink Capezio ballet shoes
- Pointe – Pointe shoes
- Jazz – Turners
- Hip Hop – Hip Hop sneakers or tennis shoes
- Lyrical/Modern – Barefoot, turners, or socks
- Littles Tap – Tan Capezio tap shoes
What NOT to Wear to Dance Class
Baggy gym shorts, pajama pants, jeans, cargo pants, Loose fitting T-shirts, tanks, or crop tops, Sweatshirts, Anything with inappropriate graphics or wording. All dance attire must meet teacher approval.